OUR PRIVACY PROMISE
- We respect your privacy and your choices.
- We make sure that privacy and security are embedded in everything we do.
- We do not send you marketing communications unless you have asked us to. You can change your mind at any time.
- We never offer or sell your data.
- We are committed to keeping your data safe and secure. This includes only working with trusted partners.
- We are committed to being open and transparent about how we use your data.
- We do not use your data in ways that we have not told you about.
- We respect your rights, and always try to accommodate your requests as far as is possible, in line with our own legal and operational responsibilities.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
“Personal data” means any information or pieces of information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through pseudonymized data such as a unique ID number) and / or information which makes you identifiable. This means that personal data includes things like email/home addresses/mobile phone, usernames, profile pictures, personal preferences and shopping habits, user generated content, financial information, and welfare information. It could also, in certain circumstances, include unique numerical identifiers like your computer’s IP address or your mobile device’s MAC address, as well as cookies.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
Eleanor believes that you, the consumer, are at the heart of what we do. We love hearing from you, learning about you, and creating and delivering products that you enjoy. And we know that many of you love talking to us. Because of this, there are many ways that you might share your personal data with us, and the way that we might collect it.
How do we collect or receive your data?
We might collect, record, hold, store, use, disclose, receive and/or process (collectively referred to as “Process”) data from you via our websites, forms, apps, devices, Eleanor products or the Brands pages on social media or otherwise. Sometimes you give this to us directly (e.g. when you create an account, when you contact us, when you purchase from our websites/apps or stores/beauty salon), sometimes we collect it (e.g. using cookies to understand how you use our websites/apps) or sometimes we receive your data from other third parties, including other Eleanor entities.
When we collect data, we indicate the mandatory fields via asterisks where such data is necessary for us to:
- – Perform our contract with you (e.g. to deliver the products you have purchase on our websites/apps);
- – Provide you with the service you have asked for (e.g. to provide you with a newsletter); or
- – Comply with legal requirements (e.g. invoicing).
If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect our ability to provide the products and services to you.
We set out further details in the table below, explaining:
- When do we collect or use your Personal Data? This column explains what activity or situation you are involved in when we use or collect your data. For example, whether you are making a purchase, signing up to a newsletter, or browsing a website/app.
- What personal data may we receive from you directly or resulting from your interaction with us? This column explains what types of data we may Process about you depending on the situation.
- How and why we may use it? This column explains what we may do with your data and the purposes for Processing it.
- What is the legal basis for using your personal data? This column explains the reason we may use your data.
Depending on the purpose for which the data is used, the legal basis for the processing of your data can be:
- Your consent;
- Our legitimate interest, which can be:
- Improvement of our products and services:: more specifically, our business interests to help us better understand your needs and expectations and therefore improve our services, websites / Apps / devices, products and the Brands for our consumers’ benefit.
- Fraud prevention: to ensure payment is complete and free from fraud and misappropriation.
- Securing our tools: to keep tools used by you (our websites/Apps/devices) safe and secure and to ensure they are working properly and are continually improving.
- The performance of a contract:
more specifically to perform the services you request from us;
- Legal grounds where a processing is required by law.